Known Egg Donors offers personalised programs to assist women who are unable to use their own eggs and require an egg donor to achieve a pregnancy. We understand that going through this process can be a tough and challenging experience, but we are here to provide you with the support and guidance throughout.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to being able to give all of our Intending Parents, the highest level of personalised care; guiding you through the Donor/Recipient Process from the start, and giving you the best possible chance of becoming parents.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Intending Parent Consultancy Form.
- Submit 4 clear photos of yourself and your partner.
- Book a Video Skype consult with us.
- Pay the registration and consultancy fee.
Donor Selection Process:
- Known Egg Donors will review your details, confirm payments and contact you directly.
- You will receive an email containing 4-6 suitable Known Egg Donor detailed profiles, based on the egg donor characteristics submitted in your Intending Parent Consultancy Form.
- Please note that we pride ourselves in our meticulous selection of healthy and committed egg donors.
- Once the above is complete you will be able to have a Skype call with both Genevieve
( our Intending Parent & Egg Donor Cycle Coordinator ) and Rebekah ( our Egg Donor & Intending Parent Cycle Support Liaison ),where you will have the opportunity to ask any question you may have.
- After your Skype call you will need to inform Known Egg Donors of your top two Known Donor choices.
- Known Egg Donors will then confirm the availability of your top two Known Donor choices.
- Once you decided on your Known Donor, we will arrange a Skype call between you and your donor so you can get to know one another and ask any questions you may have.
- We will guide you through the process step-by-step and liaise closely with the selected fertility clinic and yourselves, ensuring as smooth and stress-free a process as possible.
- Birth control is administered to the egg donor to synchronise her menstrual cycle with the intending mother's.
- See the Donor Process for more information.
There are a series of blood tests that the Known Donor and Intending Parents would be required to undergo have before beginning a Donor Cycle:
Donorn (before undergoing an IVF Cycle): AMH, LH, Progesterone, estradiol, FSH, prolactin, karyotype, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV 1 & 2 , syphilis (TPPA), HTLV 1&2 and a pap smear. Donors are screened for cystic fibrosis only if the male Intending Parent tests positive for this screen.
Recipient (female Intending Parent): LH, Progesterone, estradiol, FSH, prolactin, testosterone, thyroid function tests, hepatitis B surface antigen, hepatitis C antibody, HIV 1 & 2 , syphilis (TPPA).
Male Intending Parent: LH, FSH, prolactin, testosterone, thyroid function tests, hepatitis B surface antigen, hepatitis C antibody, HIV 1 & 2 , syphilis (TPPA), karyotype, cystic fibrosis.
Recipients / Intending Parents responsibilities
Known Egg Donors ensures that all of our Known Donors are covered by health insurance during the course of their treatment. This insurance is for the purposes of any unforeseen complications related to the treatment cycle. Every procedure has its risks; while donating eggs is an extremely low risk, the health and safety of our Known Donors is a priority to us. If there are complications requiring unexpected hospitalisation or loss of work time, these are not financially covered by the selected fertility clinic in Brisbane.
- It is the responsibility of the Recipients / Intending Parents to take out Standard Health cover through Bupa, on behalf of the egg donor.
- This covers the egg donors (according to Australian standards) in the event of any unforeseen complications and should there be any unexpected hospitalisation or loss of work time etc.
- 4-6 Known Egg Donor Profiles
- Case manager for your egg donor cycle
- Detailed egg donor profile and family history
- Egg Donation Agreement between intended parents and egg donor
- Egg donor reservation upon deposit
- Coordination of all Donor medical & Travel Arrangements
- Agency fee
- Out of Pocket Donor expenses while in Brisbane
- Donor Medical screening
(HIV,VDRL,HEP B, FSH, AMH, E2, Prolactin, LH, RH, OBGYN consultations)
- Travel Insurance
- Hotel Accommodation
- Donor Medication 11days
- Legal fees
- Donor Care and Cycle Support